Thank you for your interest in applying to the 3rd annual Kootenay Burlesque Festival! We are looking forward to showcasing some the best talent that the Kootenay and surrounding regions have to offer and are excited to provide an opportunity for performers to network together and build community. We are accepting all types of burlesque & cabaret acts including singing acts, drag king/queen acts, hoop/poi acts and aerial acts Unfortunately we cannot accept any fire or excessive liquid acts. You must fill out a separate application form for each act you would like to submit and you can submit as many acts as you like. Thank you for your interest in our festival and we look forward to seeing your performance submissions!
Applications for the 2020 Kootenay Burlesque Festival are now open! Applications are open from Feb 1 - March 31
Are you considering applying to the Kootenay Burlesque Festival? Here are some of the perks that our performers will receive!
* High quality photos and video of your performance
* A performer pass to both festival showcases
* Fabulous swag bag with exclusive KBF merchandise
* Two tickets to our exclusive Electric Circus After Party (costumes/dressing up encouraged)
* Stick around on Sunday for our Beach Party! Bring your favourite floatie and enjoy an afternoon of fun in the sun with the glitter gang and enjoy FREE pizza!
* Sunday night Showpony Soiree Karaoke Party at Finley's Bar & Grill
Our team of adjudicators are looking forward to viewing your video submissions, each applicant will be marked and scored in the following categories.
* Creativity- Did the performer or group use imagination and/or artistic
vision to create an innovative piece?
* Originality- Was the performance individual, fresh, and unique?
* Stage Presence- Did the performer or group connect with the audience in a meaningful way?
* Costume- Does the costume support the narrative of the piece?
* Choreography and/or Skill
When selecting our cast, we also consider the overall stylistic, demographic, and geographic diversity of all applicants as we strive to create an inclusive and diverse show.